We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
Full name & Surname;
Cell phone or telephone number;
Email address; residential or commercial address
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- respond to any query or comment received from you;
- inform you of new services and/or products;
- enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information;
- conduct market research or customer satisfaction surveys; and
- warranty claims purposes.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information.
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements;
- in order to comply with industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF BYEOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
You have the right at any time to:
- rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- lodge a complaint with the company.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer: Louis Cronje’ who can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 021 276 0276 at 24 Transvaal Street, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Complaints email: POPIAcompliants.IR@justice.gov.za